Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Last Two Weekends

Hello All!

I know it's been awhile, but things have been crazy in the house and school is becoming more demanding. I spent this past weekend in Florence. I went to Cinque Terre for the day and I'm going back weekend after this for an entire weekend. It was gorgeous. I also took a cooking class with 20 of my housemates. I learned how to make bruschetta, lemon crusted chicken, cooked mixed veggies, and Tiramisu from the lead chef of one of the most famous restaurants in Florence. I bought her cooking book and she signed it for me which was awesome.

The weekend before however, I went to ROMA!!! I did as the Romans do for awhile, yes. Rome was so incredible! I was so many great sights and I want to go back so bad. There is so much to see you could easily spend a week there. I saw the coliseum, the Spanish steps, the Trevi Fountain, Vatican City, Saint Peter's Basilica, the Vatican Museum, the Sistine Chapel, and the Pantheon. It was such a wild ride and i had such a great time. My favorite was definitely the coliseum with Saint Peter's as a close second. The coliseum is probably the oldest thing I have seen, touched, and walked through. There was so much history there and I was just awestruck at the sight of it. Here's a few pics.














This week I had a 5 day weekend starting today. I'm off to Sorrento, Capri, Ischia, and Pompeii to see so many great things. I'll tell you all about it when I'm back. Ciao!

3 comments:

  1. Green with Envy....but so thrilled for you! I can't wait until you bring home all the pictures!!! YOU are missed!!!!.....and VERY loved!!!
    Love your Momma!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing time for you! Great Pics. I LOVE YOU! DADDY

    ReplyDelete